A pre-authorisation occurs when you make a transaction and the funds are placed on hold in your account until the merchant charges the account. In the case where you cancel the payment the funds will be reversed back on to your card. This can also occur when you are making a deposit for example when you are booking a hotel they may pre-authorise an amount on your card in case of damages. In this situation, you will need to ask the merchant to send us an email to email@example.com advising they are not going to take the payment. If you cannot get the merchant to contact us these usually expire in 14 days.
Articles in this section
- My card payment has been declined?
- What is a Pre - Authorisation?
- What is an offline transaction?
- Will I be paid interest on the funds that are paid into my Pockit account?
- How do I make a complaint?
- What do I do if the ATM does not dispense my money?
- My account has been debited and my product has not arrived.
- What is a chargeback?
- Why has my chargeback been declined?
- What is a higher limit/Student account?